Kitchen garden with elements of play!
Bundoora project completed June 2014. Design and plantscaping completed by Inspiring Landscape Solutions.
- balance between functionality and practicality;
- incorporate some edibles as ingredients for the owners home business;
- child friendly but large entertaining space for a large number of guests given the lack of indoor space; and
- use low maintenance and easy to clean materials.
- the resulting vege patch and garden beds, despite being small spaces, generate a lot of home grown goodness. These are enjoyed by the family and their friends;
- use of 3 kinds of vertical gardening;
- the bright sandstone paving colour visually opening up and brightening the courtyard. It met the brief to house a large number of guests; and
- use of globular artwork and topiary edibles as the owners love round objects.