[Webpage under construction!] Ferntree Gully staged project with scope expanded to encompass the front garden & nature strip areas eventually. Front garden completed in Dec 2021. Rear garden completed in Dec 2020. Design and plantscaping completed by Inspiring Landscape Solutions.
Project Brief (front & rear garden):
- rear – to create a usable outdoor entertaining area that merges with the garden;
- rear – to ensure that the family’s caravan is able to be incorporated and has a permanent parking spot when it is housed within the property;
- rear – wide area to allow the children to play various games/activities whilst keeping it aesthetically interesting and colourful;
- front – native planting and incorporate/compliment build elements and colours;
- front – street appeal;
- family friendly; and
- material advice and selection!
- good backbones already in place to work with in the form of some established garden beds and large existing eucalypts;
- the planting scheme as it is not only colourful and has a little bit of everything – modern, cottage, formal, topiary but it also has a few uncommon native and exotic plants!
- use of cottage garden plants like roses, perennials that are higher in maintenance and the family were TOTALLY up for it!
- use of different climbers in different areas – loving the effect as the garden slowly takes its shape over the years! and
- DIY features like a built in BBQ area, shed, vertical garden etc that the lovely clients have put in for the family to enjoy their outdoors even more!!