Thought I’d quickly share some of my gardening tips for getting your garden ready this summer. Every keen gardener I know is worried about the forecasts for this summer – it’s predicted to be hot and dry so best to get your preparation underway to tackle the heat and ensure your garden survives the onslaught!!
A key gardening tip is to ensure that your irrigation system, if you have one in place, is working the way it should. Check that all sections and key parts are working. If you have a grey water system in place that irrigates your non consumable plants, it would be good to check that too!
- be mindful of your seasonal settings (for automatic irrigation setups) and ensure that the settings are appropriate for summer;
- ensure that your wifi setup, if applicable, is in working order so you’re able to access the app from overseas if you are away from home
- ensure that your settings are plant appropriate e.g. there is still a danger of overwatering
- check for leaks – the system has plastic parts which even if exposed to UV or being underground, break down over time despite proper installation to begin with. Its useful to note that all nurseries perform this check annually so why not do it at home!
- do not water leaves when hot – you’ll end up burning them.